C. F. Martin Guitars
From my personal collection, I am offering this great 1972 Martin D-18 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar . I very recently gave it the spa treatment that included a neck reset, a level and dress of the original frets (first redress) and installed a new hand compensated bone saddle – the nut is factory original. This guitar is different than any D-18’s that have crossed my bench in 20 plus years. The tone spectrum is very balanced and loud especially for a guitar with mahogany back and sides. Upon closer inspection you will find that the Sitka spruce top has been meticulously scalloped at the factory allowing the top to really present – great for Bluegrass and finger style. There are (2) light cracks in the lower side waist that have been secured and cleated along with the typical “B string” crack that has been repaired as well along with a new pick guard. The most interesting characteristic of this beauty is that it is obvious that a previous owner was a top tapper. You can see in the photos the pattern is very clear. If you often wonder about a guitars story this one might be like reading a novel. It does have the typical dents and scratches that a 46 year old might collect over the years but all cosmetic. It comes with a new Martin 640 Dreadnought Hardshell Case that was purchased in 2011. This is a great guitar that will be singing for a long time to come.
- Factory scalloped top braces,
- Very recent neck reset (Nov 17), fret level and dress on original frets
- New compensated bone saddle with original bone nut. Great action!
- Original Grover tuners,
- Strung with D'Addario Nickel Bronze medium gage strings
- Resent Martin 640 Dreadnought Hardshell Case
HG&R Price: $1995.00 + tax
6139 "THE PROFESSIONAL"
- In excellent all original condition. Includes original hard shell case.
HG&R Price: $2295.00 + tax
Let’s go back to 1977~~~~~~~well that’s John Entwistle of the Who playing a G-3 Grabber! That was the golden age of large body basses! It features a very cool sun-burst finish on a 3-piece alder body with some checking – a very nice patina. It comes equipped with (3) Bill Lawrence pickups with a 3-way toggle switch on a black guard and a neck that is nicely shaped and very easy to play. The main point is you have to hear and play this thing to get the full mojo of that time. Now if we could just get one of Entwistle’s leisure suits to go with this the package would be complete. This bass can funk!
HG&R Price: $1250.00 + tax
Guild F-212NT 12 String guitar - Restored
This one is a sweet heart! Resurrected from a basement corner and restored to it’s original glory. The Guild F-212 NT was the 12 string sound of folk, rock and country. This one was built when Bob Taylor was in middle school! Full sound, great action and a feel like no other! The restoration (all done in our shop by Nicholas) includes a neck reset, a re-fret with original sized nickel/silver Jescar frets, some crack repairs, Tusq ivoroid bridge pins, and new bone saddle while retaining the original nut. You have to hear and play this guitar for yourself. And it includes the original hard shell case. Stop in and check it out – won’t be here long!
- Big jumbo sound with great playability - Natural Sitka Spruce top, stained mahogany back and sides
- Restored to original spec - neck re-set, re-fret and (1) crack repaired
- Build in Westerly, RI - Jimi Hendrix bought a F-212 NT in the same year 1970
- Bone nut and saddle, Tusq Ivoroid bridge pins, D'Addario FJ38 strings
- 45mm (1.77") nut, 63.5mm (2.50") string spread at saddle
- Original Hard Shell Case in fair condition
HG&R Price: $1199.00 + tax